Wednesday, February 11, 2009

[Desktop Graphic]

When asked to create a graphic... I immediately considered one of the first programs I became acquainted with on a computer... Paint. Being quite comfortable with Paint and using my new-found knowledge of photobucket, I uploaded the amazing graphic to my blog! Since I am a Secondary-English educator, I selected a famous nature poem by Sylvia Plath with the background of actual blackberries, giving readers more of a visual introduction to the poem. Plath fills her poetry with metaphors, amazing in depth; the physical picture of berries behind the poem also creates focus for first-time readers. The photograph is a picture I took on my farm. The only difficulty I found with Paint was the text format options are limited; black was the only color that did not get completely over-powered by the bright leaves. Next time I will experiment with PowerPoint, since there are more text options.

No comments:

Post a Comment