Thursday, January 29, 2009

Who Am I, anyways?

Upon reviewing the goals section of the EDUC 6305 Syllabus, I've realized how little I pursue opportunities to incorporate technology into any aspect of teaching besides assigning individual research, with the option of using credible web-sources. Although I am not yet an employed educator, having clinicals, tutoring, and working educational children summer programs, is enough past experience to know how much I need a course designed to help me showcase through the web my learning...so eventually I can comfortably teach and give students the opportunity to have more non-traditional methods of illustrating their gained knowledge. For example, even the Microsoft Photo Story assignment, which I am currently completing, intimidates me. However, someday I'd love to have the opportunity to let students express themselves through a similiar assignment; it's a great combination of the internet, personal reflection, and self-expression!

On a side note: anyone interested in a female calico cat? She's technically a stray, but has been living at my apartment [no un-caged animals allowed] for several months. She's lovable and great with house guests.... Only flaw, she wants to eat the roommate's guinea pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment